Lower Thames Crossing Supplementary Consultation
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To ensure that the Council’s and the community’s interests are protected and that concerns regarding the absence of information and concerns regarding that which is provided is known and that the Council’s formal response can be lodged by 2 April 2020.
1) the draft response to Highways England's Lower Thames Crossing Supplementary Consultation Questionnaire set out in Appendix 3 for submission by 25 March 2020 and authorise the Director (Planning and Development, in consultation with the Leader of the Executive, to make any necessary typographical or other adjustments ahead of submission;
2) the Supplementary Consultation Appraisal in Appendix 4 be noted;
3) authority be delegated to the Chief Executive for the production of a letter to Highways England, which will be jointly signed by the Leader of the Executive, setting out the concerns not covered by that response set out in Appendix 3 of the report. This letter will be sent shortly after the close of the supplementary consultation;
4) the Planning Inspectorate be sent a copy of the agreed letter referred to in 3) above, emphasising the Council's concerns about the adequacy of information in the PEIR and this consultation; and
5) It be agreed that the Director (Communities) write to Highways England from a property perspective including issues raised by the potential Compulsory Purchase of land at Cascades Leisure Centre.
Publication date: 23/03/2020
Date of decision: 23/03/2020
Decided at meeting: 23/03/2020 - Cabinet