Housing Revenue Account Budget Setting 2021/22
- Meeting of Overview Scrutiny Committee, Thursday, 11 February 2021 7.30 pm (Item 30.)
- View the background to item 30.
The Assistant Director (Corporate Services) presented the Committee with the draft revenue and capital estimates for the Housing Revenue Account in 2021/22 and the following key points were highlighted:
· An income of 28m and expenditure of £29m.
· As per the Spending Review announcements on public sector pay in November, the budget reflected no inflationary increase for 2021/22 with the exception of those earning less than £24k per annum who would receive a pay increase of at least £250.
· A budget of £200k had been provided to support a planned review and restructure of housing services.
· Service charges had increased to a level capped at CPI +1 (1.5%) bringing the average service charge to £3.72.
· The Council would continue with the Housing Capital Programme set out in 2020-21 which had been severely impacted by the pandemic. The programme for the year was estimated at £20.8m with the focus being to maintain current housing stock and deliver on the new build and acquisitions programme.
The Director (Corporate Services) and the Assistant Director (Corporate Services) fielded questions from the Committee and highlighted the following:
· The Director (Corporate Services) will check the percentage increase is correct on page 244, point 28.
· The Director (Corporate Services) will check if Arnold Avenue should be included in the New Build and Acquisitions Programme on page 271, point 5.
· Interim housing for the homeless – where we are unable to house persons requiring temporary accommodation, Bed and Breakfast (B&B) is one option but is not really suitable. The Council anticipates a reduced level of requirement for temporary accommodation which be used to offset the costs of the premises moving forward, alongside Housing Benefit.
Resolved that the Committee note the Housing Revenue Account Budget Setting 2021/22 report and appendices.
- 1. HRA Estimates Report 2021-22 - Summary version, item 30. PDF 98 KB
- 2. Appendix 2 - Housing Revenue Account Budget, item 30. PDF 83 KB
- 2. Appendix2a DRAFT GBC Cabinet Budget Book Service View 21-22 PB HRA, item 30. PDF 503 KB
- 3. Appendix 3 - Capital Programme, item 30. PDF 88 KB
- 4. Appendix 4 - Working Balances, item 30. PDF 71 KB
- 4. Appendix 4a Assessment of HRA Working Balance Level 2021-22, item 30. PDF 218 KB
- 4a. Reserves Policy 2020, item 30. PDF 335 KB
- 5. Appendix 5 HRA Business Plan - Revenue, item 30. PDF 25 KB
- 6. Appendix 6 HRA Business Plan - Capital, item 30. PDF 24 KB