Overview Scrutiny Committee
Purpose of committee
The Council is required to appoint at least one Overview Scrutiny Committee.
The purpose of the Committee is to assist the Council to improve continuously the performance of its services and the policies and strategies within which the Council operates.
The Committee has a powerful role in:-
· publicly holding the Cabinet to account for its actions;
· helping to secure best value in the delivery of Council services;
· helping to inform policy development and review; and
· examining matters of wider local concern.
The Committee is chaired by the opposition political party group.
- Cllr John Burden (Chair)
- Cllr Sara Langdale (Vice-Chair)
- Cllr Lee Croxton
- Cllr Leslie Hills
- Cllr Samir Jassal
- Cllr William Lambert
- Cllr Makhan Singh
- Cllr Jenny Wallace
Support officer: Committee Section.
Phone: 01474 337248/ 337302/ 337314
Web site: http://www.gravesham.gov.uk