Agenda, decisions and minutes
Venue: Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent
Contact: Email: email@example.com
Apologies for absence
No apologies for absence were received.
To sign the Minutes of the previous meeting PDF 100 KB
The minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on Wednesday, 2 February 2022 were signed by the Chair.
Declarations of Interest
To declare any interest members may have in the items contained on this agenda. When declaring an interest a member must state what their interest is. Any declared interest will fall into one of the following categories:
A Disclosable Pecuniary Interest which has been or should have been declared to the Monitoring Officer, and in respect of which the member must leave the chamber for the whole of the item in question;
An Other Significant Interest under the Code of Conduct and in respect of which the member must leave the chamber for the whole of the item in question unless exercising the right of public speaking extended to the general public;
A voluntary announcement of another interest not falling into the above categories, made for reasons of transparency.
Cllr Rice declared a pecuniary interest in item 5b, G and M Motors, as he is a Director of Rosherville and one of their operating services (Rosherville Vehicle Servicing Limited) provides Vehicle Serving and MOT services. Cllr Rice left the meeting during the discussion and voting on this item.
Cllr Craske declared an other interest as he is a customer of G and M Motors but he informed the Committee that this would not have any effect on the decision.
Planning applications for determination by the Committee
20211529 - 25 The Avenue, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 0NA PDF 160 KB
Resolved that application 2021529 be APPROVED with conditions:
1. The development hereby approved shall be begun not later than 3 years following the date of this permission.
Reason: In pursuance of Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in precise accordance with the following approved plans and particulars:
Design and Access Statement;
Drawing no. 25TA/A3/01 (Site Map and No Change to Elevations);
Drawing no. 25TA/A3/02 (Proposed Ground Floor Plan);
Drawing no. 25TA/A3/03 (Proposed First Floor Plan);
Drawing no. 25TA/A3/04 (Proposed Second Floor Plan);
Drawing no. 25TA/A3/05 (No Change to Block Plan); and
Drawing no. 25TA/A3/06 (Existing Floor Plans).
(All received 10 December 2021)
Application form received 14 December 2021.
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
3. The development hereby approved shall not be occupied until a scheme of cycle storage facilities incorporating 3 cycle parking spaces within a secure and weatherproof enclosure has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These facilities shall be made available for use prior to first occupation of the development hereby approved and retained for use by site users at all times thereafter.
Reason: In order to encourage options for sustainable travel in accordance with Policies CS11 and CS19 of the Gravesham Local Plan Core Strategy 2014.
4. Prior to the first occupation of the development hereby permitted, details of security for the property to comply with the recommendations of Kent Police in their letter dated 29 January 2022, including access controls, lighting, alarms, and fire/security certified doors, shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and the work shall be carried out in strict accordance with those details.
Reason: To ensure a safe living environment in the interests of amenity, and in accordance with Policy CS19 of the Local Plan Core Strategy 2014.
5. The approved refuse storage facilities for the development hereby approved shall be provided prior to the first occupation of the development hereby permitted, and shall thereafter shall be retained for such purposes at all times.
Reason: In the interest of amenity and in accordance with Policy CS19 of the Gravesham Local Plan Core Strategy 2014.
6. Notwithstanding the details submitted on the application form and in the approved plans, the number of bedrooms and occupants at the property shall at no time be more than 9.
Reason: To ensure the protection of the residential amenities of occupiers and neighbouring properties and in accordance with Policy CS19 of the Gravesham Local Plan Core Strategy 2014.
7. No more than 2 residents' parking permits shall be sought in relation to the property at 25 The Avenue, Gravesend.
Reason: In the interests of amenity and parking pressures in the area, and in accordance with Policy CS19 of the Gravesham Local Plan Core Strategy 2014
1 WORKS ... view the full decision text for item 47a
The Chair announced that although he is a Pelham Ward Councillor he had not had any involvement in this application and therefore had an open mind in the determination.
The Committee considered 20211529 in relation to 25 The Avenue, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 0NA. Theapplication isfor the change of use from dwelling house to a 9 bedroom house of multiple occupation (HMO).
The Team Leader (Development Management) introduced application 20211529 to the Committee and highlighted key points from the report.
20211309 - G And M Motors 85 Milton Road Gravesend Kent PDF 4 MB
Resolved that the application 20211309 for outline planning permission be REFUSED on the following grounds:-
1. The application fails to demonstrate sufficient parking provision to serve the development or reprovision of existing parking provision which would be displaced, without having an unacceptable impact on the surrounding highway network. The proposal is therefore contrary to the requirements of Policy CS11 (Transport) of the Gravesham Local Plan Core Strategy 2014 and the provisions of Section 9 (Promoting Sustainable Transport) of the National Planning Policy Framework 2021.
Cllr Rice left the meeting during the discussion and voting on this item.
The Committee considered 20211309 in relation to G And M Motors 85 Milton Road Gravesend Kent. Theapplication was for outline planning permission with all matters reserved and being for demolition of existing workshop and erection of a single storey
building with valet booth, video/photographic studio and parts store together with the laying out of 6 car parking spaces.
The Planning Officer introduced application 20211309 to the Committee and highlighted key points from the report.
In response to Members questions on the clarification of the application, the Planning Officer explained that:
Planning applications determined under delegated powers by the Director (Planning & Development)
A copy of the schedule has been placed in the democracy web library and also in the Reception, Civic Centre: - http://bit.ly/1Uwy6bJ.
A schedule showing applications determined by the Director (Environment) under delegated powers had been published on the Council’s website.
Any other business which by reason of special circumstances the Chair is of the opinion should be considered as a matter of urgency.
There is no other business.